M-35 steel is a medium-alloyed high speed tool steel, similar to M2, but with 5% cobalt added, providing better hot hardness and wear resistance. M35 high speed steel is suitable for heat treatment up to 66 HRC, and also offers excellent cutting performance and offers excellent cutting performance.
M-35 & M-35A Similar/Equivalent Steel Grades :
Steel Properties : This kind of steel is suitable for conditions involving thermal stresses and discontinuous cutting. Heavy-duty miling cutters of all kinds, gear cutter, highly stressed twist drills and taps, profile knives, machining of high-strength material, broaches.
Applications : It is one of the W-Mo Co HSS grade with good cutting character. The res hardness, hot hardness and wearing resistance are all better than W6M05Cr4V2.
Chemical Composition: (%)
New Development M35A Application :
Suitable for fabricating various abrasion-resistant and impact-resistant tools for powerful cutting, high-level trimming dies, screw dies, tools of complicated shapes requiring tenacity, reamers, milling cutters, punches, etc.
Mainly used as roller cutters, drawing tools, end mills, etc.
Production Process :
|Under Annealed Condition :||Reduction Ratio :||Delivery Status :|
|Hardness: HB205-255||As 1:4 or 1:5||As Cold drawn / Hot rolled / forged, in annealed condition|
Sizes of Round Bars :
|Cold Drawn/Ground Bar||Hot Rolled Bar||Forged Bar||Coil|
|Φ 2.0 - 14.4mm||Φ 14.5 - 80.0mm||Φ 81.0 - 255.0mm||Φ 2.0 - 13.5mm|
Sizes of Flat Bars :
|5mm - 150mm||5mm - 810mm|
Sizes of Square Bars :
|4mm - 100mm|
Sizes of Sheets :
|0.5mm - 12mm||810mm||2500mm|
- Annealing temperature : 860-880℃, keep this temperature by 2-4 hours, then cooling to 600℃ in the speed of less than 30℃/h.
- If after cold drawn process, suggest and stress relieving annealing process Under the temperature of 600-700℃, keep this temperature by 2 hours.
- Quenching & Tempering (salt bath)
Heat Treatment :
- Heating temperature under: 400-500℃ and 850-900℃
- Austenitizing temperature: 1180-1220℃
- Heating coefficient 10-15sec/mm, quenching under 580-620℃, then cooling to room temperature.
Pre-heating in two steps :
- Tempering temperature under:540-560℃, tempering 3 times, each time 1 hour, then cooling to room temperature.